COMMITMENT DEDICATION INTEGRITY

ABOUT

APPLICATION

CONTACT

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Main Bible Institute was founded by the late Rev. Amy M. Main in 1938. Rev. Main's reputation as an evangelist, preacher and teacher is widely respected. Her early years of service included tent meetings and revivals. Through her ministry many people have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ and others have been healed and delivered from demonic oppression.

Due to the growing desire of many individuals to worship God together and study the Bible, Rev Main was compelled to found a church and Bible School. Led by the Holy Spirit, Rev. Main arrived in Philadelphia, PA with no idea of where Allegheny Avenue was located. God's divine wisdom directed her to the place where the Agape Tabernacle Church (formerly known as the Evangelistic Center Church) and the Main Bible Institute now stand.

The Evangelistic Center Church and the Main Bible Institute held multiple worship services and classes and maintained evangelical outreach to children and adults. This great vision was also blessed to have a weekly radio broadcast. The commitment to this work was evident when the Allegheny community became multi-cultural and Rev. Main's staff refused to leave. They were determined to preach and teach to all members of God's community as well as provide food and clothing. The Main Bible Institute continues to flourish today under the ministry of Agape Tabernacle (formerly Evangelistic Center Church).

Back to top

 

 

 

 

WELCOME

ABOUT

HISTORY

APPLICATION

QUESTIONS

CLASSES

CONTACT